Pages

Monday, 8 March 2010

A weekend of eating cake mostly

What a beautiful Spring Monday morning it is. I trust eveyone enjoyed their weekend.

Our little clan were all out walking at the crack-of-dawn yesterday, before even the frost had started to melt. There's something so peaceful about being outside on a fresh morning before everyone else is even out of bed.

Apart from being out and about, I've been very productive, though not in the ironing sense.  On Saturday afternoon I baked some Orange Cupcakes with Orange Blossom Buttercream Icing from my new Primrose Bakery cookbook.  They were a resounding hit with both 'the other half' and Violet.  So much so, I'm just about to finish off the final one as I'm typing this post.....

Yummy!

I'll definitely have to bake these little lovelies again.  The buttercream icing recipe does make rather a lot - not that I'm complaining, I thought the icing was the best part.

And, my knitting is going very well too.....



(I'm not the world's faster knitter).

I caught part of a TV programme yesterday (it may have been Country File or something similar), which drew my attention to this and this - doesn't it look like a beautiful place to visit?  I think I might have to book a couple of nights away in nearby Aberystwyth and go and explore the Cambrian Coast - I've never ventured into Wales, but seeing this has really opened my eyes to its beauty.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my last post :)

    These babies look delicious. I always find that the icing in recipe books makes enough to do your cupcakes/muffins twice over - why is that? Do they factor in for the fact that half of it goes straight in my mouth rather than on top of the cakes?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cupcakes sound and look amazing. I have the book but not yet baked anything from it yet!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not the world's faster knitter either, but the process is really relaxing for me. The cupcakes are making my mouth water so I'm signing off the internet and going down to bake some right away. It's all your fault (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog in recent days! :)

    Your knitting looks fantastic! I'm a slow knitter, too. I need to spend more time doing it, but just don't have enough spare time these days. I practically have to make appointments on my calendar to carve out some time for it!

    I also like the idea of a knitting group. My local yarn shop has a group that meets on Monday nights, but I won't be able to attend until the summer. I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These cupcakes look lovely. I've got the book but haven't yet made anything from it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x