Pages

Wednesday, 3 March 2010

We could have been friends, you and I.

Another year goes by and the hurt and regret don't get any easier to bear.

Has it really been 11 years since I last looked into your beautiful brown eyes? No matter what people say, time is not a healer.

You've missed so many things that have happened in my life since your passing - good & bad, happy & sad, but the thing that you're missing out on the most is seeing your first and only grandchild growing up and loving every inch of her being.  

A daughter never appreciates her own mother until she becomes a mother herself - I apologise for being that angry, insensitive, moody young person you came to know - that wasn't really me at all.  I know that it's far too late to make amends now.  I only wish we could have been friends - I desperately need your counsel, wisdom, and love.

I miss you more than words mum.

3 comments:

  1. I’m not sure what to say, but your post brought tears to my eyes – hope you’re ok x

    (oh and by the way, I looooove banana bread!! Try making it with chocolate chips instead of the sultanas next time, it’s lush! And it will surely put a smile on your face if you need it :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx oh sweetheart xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your thoughts ladies - I didn't mean for my post to upset anyone in anyway. My blog was just an outlet for some of my thoughts and feelings yesterday.

    Petit Filoux - I will definitely try my Banana Bread with chocolate chips next time. I've also heard of people making it with Raspberries.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x