Pages

Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Qu'ils mangent de la brioche (banane)


I've probably got that completely wrong - what I meant to say was 'Let them eat (Banana) bread/cake.

For the first time for maybe a decade, I found myself with over-ripe bananas - what to do with them?  Make Banana Bread/Cake of course.

So here's my recipe:

450g - Ripe Bananas (mashed)
225g Self Raising Flour
100g  Butter (softened)
150g Caster Sugar
Squeeze of Fresh Lemon Juice
3 Medium Size Eggs
200g Sultanas
1 tsp Baking Powder

Heat oven to 160c (fan), I think this is about 180c for conventional ovens.

Mix the Flour, Butter, Caster Sugar, Baking Powder, Eggs, Banana and Lemon Juice together, until combined and is a smooth consistency.  Then add the Sultanas and mix together. Spoon mixture into a non-stick loaf tin and bake for about an hour and a half - until golden on top. Test with a knife to make sure it comes out clean and is cooked through.




Voila!

Not that I'm a chocoholic or anything, but whilst I was looking at the Divine Chocolate website last night, I spotted this great offer:

'Get a lovely free Divine mug in Oxfam for your hot chocolate when you purchase two tubs of Divine Drinking Chocolate. Whilst stocks last'.




Even though I'm not a Hot Chocolate kinda gal, I'm now on a mission to own one of these divine mugs. I think it'll go very nicely in my '40 presents' gift box for my friends 40th Birthday. She is most definitely a lover of all things chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. 40 presents for a 40th sounds like a wonderful idea! As does some banana bread right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need Petit Filoux here for a translation - STAT!

    I have an obsession with loafs (loaves?!) at the moment. They just go so darn well with a cup of tea!

    Will have to bookmark this one for a later date.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x