Firstly, a finished project:
As you can see, this is a chart based on a Renoir painting - it was great fun to stitch. It just needs ironing and framing now.
Here are a few close-up photos so you can see the little stitches:
Next, a project that's very nearly finished - all it needs are some cute buttons sewing on:
Once this is finished and framed, I'll be giving it to a couple of friends as a gift for their 1st Wedding Anniversary.
Next up, a project that's only just been started:
You can't make out what it is? Well, here's a picture of the what the finished article should look like.
There's no rush for this one - I have until the end of November - this is destined for Violet and will be something for her to get out every Christmas. It may turn out to be a family heirloom, who knows!
And lastly, one of the most beautiful cross-stitch patterns I have ever seen:
I won't lie to you, this is a very difficult chart - there are a million and one colours (this may be a slight exaggeration) and more often than not you have to mix one strand of a colour with one strand of another colour, and you may only use this new colour you've created for only a few stitches - so it's very time consuming, but as you can see, very rewarding. Perhaps I'll actually finish it one day!
There is only one word to describe this kind of cross-stitching...
ReplyDeleteHARDCORE
Seriously it's amazing. I would love to do something that complex but always back out at the last minute. There's still something hanging about in my drawer that I started in Dec 2008 and have yet to finish!!
Especially love the alphabet one - very cute.
I have taken up your recommendation of The Piano Tuner as well - it's on its way to me as I type!
HARDCORE - ha ha, that made me laugh.
ReplyDeleteGlad you like the Alphabet one - that was very easy and quick to make. What was the project you started back in Dec 08?
It's difficult recommending books to people because everyone has such different tastes, but I do hope that you thoroughly enjoy it.
I am very envious of your stitching stamina!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog, I hope you enjoy the rest of World Book Day.
oh my, the first one is absolutely amazing!! must have taken soooooo much time, how do you have the patience?! and the time, come to think of it!!! I really like the one that you plan on giving to your friends for their anniversary, where did you get the pattern from?
ReplyDeletePetit Filoux: The pattern is by Brent Creek (Book #BC1059) and is entitled 'Love'. If you do want to stitch it, but can't find the pattern book, let me know and I can either send you a copy of it, or attempt to scan it on the computer and email it to you.
ReplyDeleteOH how lovely all of your projects are! I really need to get back to cross stitching - it's just like painting with thread, not that I ever did any patterns as complicated as the ones you are tackling!
ReplyDeletebtw, thanks so much for visiting my blog.
Oh my (picks jaw up off floor) Ann Martin just visited my little blog - what an honor. It means so much.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love your blog Ann. :0)