Pages

Friday, 13 July 2012

A bit of this, & a bit of that.


Sorry that I've not been around lately.  

I promise that I've not been idle though.

We're currently dog sitting, Connie the Collie.  She's been with us for nearly two weeks, and will be going back to my Aunt's & Uncle's next Monday.


I've also been busy helping out a lot at Violet's nursery.  They've even had me sewing new cushion covers for their 'Library Garden' furniture.



My sewing skills aren't the best, but I'm so proud of myself - they've got zips in them and everything.  The material I chose has really brightened up this area of the classroom.  Both the teachers and children seem to like them too, which is what really matters.

My new sewing machine has been seeing a lot of action.

A new sewing machine cover.

A Happy Birthday banner.

Some Union Jack bunting, all ready for the Olympics.

I'm halfway through sewing together some colourful bunting for Violet's playroom.

And, now I should really make a start on the 4 teacher's gifts for the lovely ladies who have taught Violet over this past year. 

Wishing you all a great weekend.  (I won't mention the rain).

Back soon.

x

4 comments:

  1. The library garden sound lovely, I think I would like to sit there! Great cushions too.
    In fact lots of lovely sewing. :)
    Doesn't Connie the Collie have a lovely ring to it!!
    Happy weekend Jill,
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've been so busy! I love Collies. I used to have a black and white one called Bess. She was gorgeous. Totally mad for sticks! Hope you're having a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lovely doggy - bet you won't want to send her back. Love all of your sewing. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy, and you've made some wonderful things. I love the cushion covers, they're bound to have brightened up nursery. I bet you'll be sad to see Connie leave, you'll have got used to having her around.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x