Pages

Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Beatrix Potter Afghan Baby Blanket

 
I'm going to share something with you today that I actually made 5 and half years ago.
 
 
I got it out to show a friend, and because we're all friends here, I thought you would like to see it to.

 
I started stitching this towards the end of my pregnancy.

 
When I went on maternity leave I thought I'd have plenty of time to finish it before the baby was born.

 
I'd only been on maternity leave less than a week when Violet decided it was time for her to make her appearance into this World.

 
Would you believe that I was actually sitting on the sofa stitching Samuel Whiskers when my waters broke (is that too much information???? Apologies).

 
I had to finish the rest off as and when I got the opportunity.  You know how it is with these babies, they don't allow you to sit idly crafting away for long.


But, it did eventually get finished.


 
And, what a beautiful Afghan Baby Blanket it is.

 
All that was left to do, was add Violet's name and date of birth.
 

 
I forget just how teeny tiny she was. 
 
*
 


16 comments:

  1. Aww, it's adorable. I love Peter Rabbit and this is so pretty and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. I think Peter Rabbit is a favourite with everybody.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely beautiful. Daniel was a tiddler 6lb6oz, Eleanor was a whopper 8lb2oz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe I'm glad you decided to share it with us Jill, it's absolutely beautiful. As you know I'm a huge fan of Beatrix Potter! Such amazing stitching, I had forgotten about your cross stitch, when I first found you in blogland you did quite a bit of stitching!
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V. We're all Beatrix Potter fans here :0)
      I still love my cross stitch, but (dare I say it) my eyes struggle with the close-up work these days. I've got plans to do some more, hopefully before Xmas.
      Jill x

      Delete
  4. Oh, oh, oh that's just too nice and a fantastic 'keepsake' from V's arrival. Bx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Beth. x

      Delete
  5. That is just totally stunning. I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's absolutely gorgeous!
    I started a blanket that was similar over 20 years ago, I've yet to finish it, so I thought about making it into a pillow!!
    I hope you have a great weekend,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Tammy. Would love to see you finish your blanket. Go on, get it out of hibernation.
      Wishing you a wonderful weekend too. xx

      Delete
  7. PS... My youngest son was 10lbs 3 ounces and he was early!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful and I really like how you personalised it for Violet, it will be something for her to treasure for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Amy. I always try and add personal details on my cross stitch gifts, especially when it's for a new baby, or for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x