Pages

Monday, 6 December 2010

Xmas scarf - numero uno

Hello - I hope you all had a very pleasant weekend.

I actually managed to find a little bit of crafting time and managed to whip up a Xmas scarf for my sister in law.  


Do you recognise the pattern?

If you've been following my blog for a while, you may remember that I knit this leaf pattern scarf back in May.  Though I used Rowan Lenpur Linen yarn then and made a summer scarf, which my aunt absolutely loved.  This time around I wanted to use a really chunky wool.


Pattern: Free from here
Yarn: Rowan Big Wool 100% Merino Wool
Colourway: Vert (shade 00054)

It's one of the simplest patterns to follow and I knit this whilst watching Fred Claus yesterday afternoon.

I've got a few more to make, but if it only take an evening to knit each one, then I should have a couple more scarves completed by the weekend. 

Rowan Big Wool isn't cheap, but it comes in some beautiful colours, feels lovely, and most importantly it's snuggly and warm.  I hope the recipients will like them.  I'm thinking of knitting the other 2 in a deep purple colour and also a vibrant pink.

Right, now I'm off to try and buy the latest Shrek from Sainsbury's, seeing as they're selling it at only £8 today.

* * * *

8 comments:

  1. What a great scarf, I love the colour, one of my favourites!!!
    Hope you get your Shrek, what a bargain. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats gorgeous - brilliant pattern and colour. Rowan wool is beautiful. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha I love it. "Yeah I just knocked up a scarf watching a film, will probably do some more". Brilliant. Meanwhile, I'm trying to make ONE thing for a Christmas present (Mum's blanket) and rapidly running out of time to do it!

    That wool looks lovely - how many balls does it take to make a scarf?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could really use this scarf today. It was -1 this morning; we had 18 just a few days ago!
    Beautiful pattern and colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really is a lovely, unique looking scarf! Good thing you can make them so quickly. I'm a little worried about getting all of my Christmas knitting done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scarf, it's really different and beautiful. I love the colour too. No doubt the lucky recipients will be very happy!

    I am so very jealous of you being able to watch Christmas movies and knit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jill, I just nipped over from Mia's blog, great to see you here. I really love your scarf and the fact you can knit it in an evening is a real bonus, I do like fairly instant crafts !
    Enjoy your Christmas films.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one beautiful scarf! The other colours sound great, remember to let us see them with a final ta da! Just wondering if I will manage some crochet mostly one handed... Will give it a go take care

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x