Pages

Friday, 3 December 2010

Today's seasonal Love......

........ goes to the humble Mince Pie.


I love, love, love, these little pies of yumminess.  

I've been baking (and eating) batches and batches of them over the past few weeks (I think Sainsbury's have probably ran out of jars of mince meat by now, I've been making that many).

They're the smell and taste of Christmas all encased in delicious pastry.

And, before you ask, no - I don't make my own pastry (my excuse is that I have very warm hands), and no - I don't make my own mince meat either.  For shame!

I tried to find a poem about mince pies to go with my blog post today, but couldn't find anything. So, I'm challenging myself to come up with an 'Ode to the Mince Pie', and will post my efforts tomorrow.  If you fancy joining in for a laugh then please do - there may be a Xmas surprise gifted to the author of my favourite.

Have fun today.

* * * * *

3 comments:

  1. Mince Pies Poem
    Unknown
    Not my own work I'm afraid but I did find this:

    Mince pies, mince pies, going in to bake.
    How many mince pies did we make?
    Mince pies 1, 2, 3, and 4,
    Don't burn your fingers on the hot oven door.
    Mince pies 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,
    Take them out. Try a bite
    Mmmm! That's fine!

    I love them too!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made a batch for my xmas fayre tomorrow, and totally cheated with the pastry and the mincemeat. I have made my own mincemeat a few years ago though, it is way way better and smells exactly of Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make my own pastry but not my own mincemeat. they look v tasty! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x