Pages

Tuesday, 7 December 2010

I'm churning presents out like Santa's workshop.

Good morning all.

It's a beautiful morning here today.  Everywhere is covered in frost and the sky is a brilliant blue.  

I've been visiting a few of you this morning, and it sounds like the snow is still causing quite a few problems for you still.  Fingers crossed that things start to improve soon.

So, what have I got to show you today?

Another Xmas present finished, ready to be nicely wrapped  and put under the Christmas Tree.


I started this pattern exactly the same as my last one, with the star shape in the middle.  However, this time, rather than draw a design out on graph paper first, I thought I'd just let it evolve.
This is the result. 
It reminds me of those thick jumpers people wear when they go skiing, and it looks quite Scandinavian in design. I'm beginning to think that I may have some Scandinavian blood in my background.  


It measures about 11cm across and this time around I've attached some Swarovski beads to each corner, which look very pretty.  I'm now thinking of creating a design just using beads - perhaps it will be too much, but you don't know until you try it do you?  I've done bead-work in the past, but I'm not sure whether my eyesight will cope with it these days.

Here are the details if your interested:

Material: 100% Belgium Linen (32 count)
Thread: DMC (shade 3809)
Beads: Swarovski
Red Ribbon
Lavender - purchased from Daisy Gifts.co.uk


* * * * * 

I also started, and finished, another leaf pattern scarf last night.


This one is destined for one of Violet's little chums.


(Sorry the photo isn't very good - it's difficult trying to take a photo of yourself).

This scarf is also knit in Rowan Big Wool.  The colour is called Glamour (Shade 00036).  I hope the 3 year old likes it as much as I do.  It's a fabulous colour.

Both of the Leaf Pattern Scarves I've knit over the past couple of evenings have only required one ball of wool each.  So, if any of you out there need last minute Xmas presents, then I can highly recommend knitting a scarf using this simple, but effective, pattern. 

Wishing you all a lovely day.

* * * * *

8 comments:

  1. Goodness Jill you've turned into a scarf machine, yet another beautiful scarf!
    I love your cross-stitch, gorgeous stitching and such a lovely shade of thread.
    Sun is shining here too but there is a ton of snow and it's freezing!!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! Stop it! You're making me hyperventilate with all your crafting abilities!

    Can't believe you just did that pattern off the top of your head, seeing how it developed. There isn't a chance in hell I could do something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look fab - your fingers must be going at lightening speed.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow fab makes, how do you find the time. It is freezing here at the moment but it looks amazing outside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I somehow missed this post yesterday. You do make some very lovely things!

    I just wanted to let you know that we went to Chatsworth on Sunday - THANK YOU! - and I am about to post some Chatsworth photos - this post is only the snowy outside so it will be safe for you to view if you please, but the next one will contain photos from inside the house, and I wanted to warn you not to look as I wouldn't want to spoil your visit by showing you everything before you get there!

    It was a lovely day, thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, Jill, you have been proactive! I love the cross stitch Lavender bag...must have taken you forever! And the scarves look lovely. Great colours. I've started my cushion, but doing without a pattern so could turn out all manner of a shape and size!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jill, lovely gifts, I especially like the lavender bag, the colour is lovely....I think I must also have some Scandinavian blood ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of lovely festive entries here! Enjoyed reading them! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x