We're just back from a wonderful couple of days in Cambridge.
I booked this little trip away as a first wedding anniversary treat.
I'd read an article on visiting Cambridge a couple of months previous, in my Good Food magazine, and it recommended staying at Duke House. The rooms looked beautiful online, so I booked The Gloucester Room.
The hotel did not disappoint. The room (and ensuite) where immaculately clean and welcoming. Liz, the proprietor, was lovely. We all felt extremely well looked after.
Violet said she never wanted to get out of the bed because it felt like a big marshmallow.
King's College.
Enjoying a punt down the river Cam.
This is the back of Kings College Chapel.
The famous Bridge of Sighs.
We ate a top-notch lunch at a fab pizza restaurant, called Aromi. And, had dinner at Carluccio's restaurant in the evening.
We even tracked down the World's yummiest Chocolate Brownies at a little place called Afternoon Tease.
I can't believe we haven't visited this beautiful place before.
*





Well that looks and sounds rather wonderful and who could blame Violet! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely city!
V x
I love Violets description of the bed!! What a lovely time you must have had. Happy first Anniversary!!! I hope that you have many more to come. xx
Deletelooks utterly heavenly. I lived in Cambridge for 6 months many many years ago, such a beautiful city x
ReplyDeleteI love Cambridge, my Uncle and Aunt live there (he's a don so if we are lucky enough to get invited over, it's often for something in one of the Colleges or it's grounds.....I have an ever lasting memory of visiting as a child and following him across the grass in a courtyard only to get shouted at by someone 'official'...the dons can walk over it, but us plebs are not allowed ;)...fancy shouting at a couple of small kids to get off the grass). It looks like a fabulous way to spend your Anniversary, glad you went for a punt, it's a must, isn't it! Happy Anniversary. Bethxx
ReplyDelete