Pages

Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Like mother, like daughter

Some little person's caught the stitching bug.
 


 
Violet's always wanting to 'help' me knit, or sew, or stitch.  So at the weekend I bought her a tapestry kit of a horse.
 
She absolutely loves it, and can't put it down. 
 
Isn't it lovely to see?
 
*


15 comments:

  1. As you say Jill, wonderful! I remember my first tapestry - some very brown mushrooms! - this is much more colourful. Hope that she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Violet's mad on horses so I knew she'd love making this. It's a very small and simple design, that I'm sure it won't take her long to do it. She'll be so proud of herself when she's finished it.

      Delete
  2. That is soooooo sweet! :) keep encouraging her, it is lovely to see!
    She's such a lovely little girl!
    V xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivienne :0)
      I intend to keep encouraging her artistic/crafty side - is it too soon to buy her one of those little sewing machines????

      Delete
    2. Absolutely, get it on her Santa list! :)
      V xxx

      Delete
  3. Fabulous. Here comes the next generation of crafters, keep encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Must definitely. Do you see the concentration on her face? She's loving it. It makes me sooooo happy.

      Delete
  4. how cute is that!!

    (that is why I miss a girl...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to take some photos of her concentrating so hard on getting it right.
      Can't imagine boys would be that interested in sewing, knitting, etc - though I'm sure that there are some exceptions :0)

      Delete
  5. Oh yes, suck them in early! My Gran used to buy me similar kits when I was very young and I LOVED them. Bx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first cross stitch I ever did was a pattern I found in one of my mum's People's Friend or Woman's Weekly magazines (can't remember which). It must have been a Valentine edition as I remember it was of a Cupid.
      Just like Violet today, I was always asking my mum if I could help her with her knitting. She was a fantastic knitter (super speedy) and taught me at a young age. I just wish I'd asked my gran to teach me how to crochet - she did the most amazing crochet, very small and intricate work.

      Delete
  6. How precious is she!?!?! Your daughter is just gorgeous, My Hannah loves to sew as well and has this thing for "Hair Buns", so I just showed her your girl, she wants to meet her! LOL... aren't kids funny? They see someone and their like "Hey lets be friends"... Hannah is 8, how old is your Princess?
    They take after their mums eh?
    Have a great week,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing for your daughter to say :0) Violet is 5, and I'm sure she'd love to be friends with your little girl - perhaps they could be penpals!
      Wishing you a wonderful week.
      Jill x

      Delete
  7. That's wonderful! My daughter has a little tapestry kit too and she enjoys working on just a little bit at a time. I think my first sewing project was something similar too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like we both have creative little daughters - they'll be so proud of themselves when they've finished their projects and can display them in their rooms. Then it'll be on to the next project. They'll have 'works in progress' all over the place soon, just like their mothers :0)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x