Pages

Friday, 21 May 2010

The generosity of strangers


STRANGER (someone who is unknown or unacquainted)

+

GENEROUS (liberal in giving or sharing)

=

A GENEROUS STRANGER


I received three parcels through the mail yesterday, all from women who I have never met, but through the wonder that is the blogging world, our paths have crossed. 

The first package I opened was from Anna, from Lillalotta.  Last week she was seeking a music trade, and me thinking this was a great idea quickly emailed her to say that I was definitely up for that. 

As you can see, Anna packaged her CD beautifully

I haven't had time to listen to it yet - maybe when if Violet goes for a nap alittle later I'll be able to sit back and enjoy it.

Fingers crossed Anna likes the compilation that I'll be sending her way.

Next up was quite a large parcel received from Beth, The Linen Cat.  Yippee, it was the prize I'd won.  So I let Violet open it - I'm nice like that.

What is it?

Open it and find out - quickly though because the suspense is killing me.

A very happy Violet

Not only had Anna sent one of her beautiful Linen Cats, she'd also included a matching Butterfly Lavender bag.

 
Too cute

The last package was from Diane, at Heart Shaped.  Diane had read my blog post about my dead Violet plant and had very kindly offered to send me some Violet seeds.  But, she has been very naught and sent Violet and I some beautiful handmade cards. Not one, but two Beatrix Potter books. An animal calender and some presentation stamps.

 

To say that I was utterly bowled over by these gifts from these three extremely generous women is an understatement.  Anna, Beth and Diane are extremely talented ladies, with beautiful blogs, which I love to visit and I'm so very happy that I discovered them through blogging.

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you


3 comments:

  1. You are more than welcome - the Violets should start seeding too with all this sunshine. PS Your Violet is a true little beauty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it wonderful to receive such beautiful things in the mail? I'm so delighted for you. It's so sweet of you to let Violet open one of the packages. She's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most welcome, it's more than worth it to see such a beautiful smile on Violet's face. Bx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x