If you love all things Pre-Raphaelite and William Morris, then you'll love Wightwick Manor.
Unfortunately, photographs were not permitted of the interiors, which was such a shame. William Morris wallpaper and tapestries covered the walls. There were paintings by Burne-Jones and Rossetti to admire. It was all stunning.
For a Pre-Raphaelite lover like myself, this place was an absolute dream.
Can you make out the writing just underneath this window?
It says: Welcome ever smiles and farewell goes out sighing.
This is by far, one of the best National Trust properties we've visited.
We'll definitely be back for another visit.
*




It is a beautiful house!!! I am surprised that you cannot take photos inside as the NT allows photography without flash for the most part. I'm sure that you enjoyed your visit though and I imagine that if it is half as beautiful as the outside it is just wonderful. xx
ReplyDeleteJill, I went back and clicked your link for the manor, it is incorrect, here is the correct one if you wanted it. xx http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/wightwick-manor/
DeleteWhat a lovely building, I'm quite sure the inside is equally amazing!
ReplyDeleteV x
Such a beautiful building, and it looks so well kept.
ReplyDeleteOh I am jealous as the whole Pre-Raphaelite movement was my fav thing when I studies history of art, I got a bit obsessed by if for a few years. I was wondering what to do with my day as the boys have gone to London for the weekend to spend it with M, perhaps I'll potter off to Igtham Mote, one of our local National Trust houses as I've never been without the boys and it would be nice to have a quiet lunch there after viewing the house. Thanks for the inspiration! Bethx
ReplyDelete