It wasn't my intention to be away from my blog this week, but other things seem to have taken priority.
I did manage to finish making the Elsa Coronation dress & cape for Violet, and boy was it challenging.
There is supposed to be a pretty motif all around the bottom of skirt too, but I nearly lost the will to live trying to bond the motif on the chest, so I thought I'd leave it plain until such time as I can get my head in to gear again.
I've made the costume slightly on the larger side as I know this dress will be worn a lot. Plus, Violet seems to be growing at an incredible rate at the moment, and I don't want her to grow out of it too soon.
I bought a pretty cape clasps (supposedly in the Norwegian style) for the Coronation Cape.
It's not true to the movie, because Elsa wears an Aqua coloured gem/button on the front of her cape. However, I tried closing the cape using a hook & eye and sewing on a beautiful Aqua button, but the hook and eye just weren't up to the job. So I removed those and ordered a proper cape clasps instead.
Not authentic, but looks just fine in my opinion.
So, what do you think? I'm quite pleased with it, even though at times it was a real pig to sew.
I suppose the only person I needed to please was Violet, and seeing as she only takes it off for school, baths and meals, I think we can assume that it's a big hit with her.
Details:
Pattern: McCall's Costumes (M7000), which I ordered especially from America.
Fabric (for the dress): Liquid Satin in Teal, jersey in Black.
Fabric (for the cape): Thick Fleece in Dark Pink, lining in Purple.
Notions: Gold braid, Norwegian style cloak clasp, Zip.
To stick the motif on to the dress I used Bondaweb.
*






It's really, really lovely and V's big smile says it all! I think you've done a cracking job, sorry to hear it was a pain, but I do think well worth it. Bethxx
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful and you are so right if it puts a smile on Violets face then it was worth every stitch!
ReplyDeleteV x
It's fantastic!
ReplyDeleteIt looks really great Jill, I can see why Violet likes it so much! I can also see that it must have been an awful lot of work to make, but well worth it I am sure when you see Violets smile! xx
ReplyDelete