Pages

Tuesday, 23 April 2013

A new place to knit and natter (and buy beautiful yarn)

 
Today I'd like to tell you about a lovely new yarn shop, which has recently opened its doors.
 
Stitch Solihull
 
It's the brainchild of two lovely ladies, Ana (pictured below) and Vickie.
 
 
With a love of beautiful yarns, Ana and Vickie have stocked their shelves with all our favourites, including Bergere de France, MillaMia, Fyberspates, Easyknits, and Malabrigo.  You can even buy beautiful skeins of Stitch Solihull's own brand of hand dyed yarn,  lovingly dyed by Vickie's own fair hand.
  
 
It's not just a haven for knitters and people who love to crochet though.  Oh no. There's something for everyone's needle. Whether it be dressmaking, quilting, cross stitch, or embroidery.  Ana  and Vickie have sourced the best quality products, for which they should be very proud.
 


 
 
Isn't this the perfect little spot to sit, knit and natter with other likeminded folk.
 
Ana and Vickie hold regular knit & natter sessions here every Thursday (11am - 1pm), Friday (2pm- 4pm), and Saturday (11am - 1pm).
 
There is a sewing room at the back, full of Janome machine, where they will be able to offer sewing classes from May.
 
Before Violet started school, and on the evenings my other half came home from work at a decent hour, I used to attend Stitch Solihull's knitting group, which is held in a coffee shop in the centre of town.  Alas, it's been some time since I've been able to attend those meetings, but since the opening of the shop, I am now able to get my weekly knit and natter fix again. Yippee!
 
I would like to wish Ana and Vickie every success as they embark on this exciting new adventure in to business.
 
If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, and fancy popping in to this great little shop, you can find them here and here.
 
*

4 comments:

  1. How lovely! :) All that yarny goodness on your door step Jill!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't that look such a bright, happy place? Such a shame that I'm so far away or I'd be there like a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree. It's a fantastic shop, just what we needed here. The stitch and sip groups are really friendly and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it sounds great, I do so wish there was a nice shop near me :( We have an awful fabric place in the village with old fashioned stock and a really, really grumpy owner, I've only been in twice and she scared me off! Beth/thelinencat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x