Yesterday something arrived that I've been dreading for months.
Violet's nursery admissions letter.
There it sat, staring at me from inside our mailbox.
I glared at it.
It glared back.
Are you the bearer of good news or bad news I wonder.
Do I open you straight away and get it over with, or do I wait until the other half comes home so we can open you together?????
Be brave Jill and just rip it open.
OK - I will.
Here goes......
Yay - Violet's been offered a place at our first choice of nursery.
Happy, happy, happy.
What a stress parenting can be - and this is just the beginning of all the decisions that'll have to be made through the coming years.
At least this is one less stress for me to worry about.
I think I deserve a large bag of Mini Eggs to celebrate!
Wishing you all a very happy weekend.
*

What a relief!! I hate to tell you this Jill, but Violet is at the "easy" stage!!!!!!! My daughter is coming home from Uni this weekend, she had booked the weekend off work to spend with her boyfriend for Valentines as they are both at different Uni's - but he dumped her on Tuesday!!!! Totally out of the blue and she's gutted!! I feel worse than when I got dumped myself!! xxxx
ReplyDeleteI'm with Diane on this being the easy stage. Though luckily for me, this and the one her daughter is at (poor sweetheart, what a rotten thing to happen), are but distant memories, almost completely faded now. Thank heavens!
ReplyDeleteGreat news!! So pleased for you after all the stress you've been through worrying about it. DEFINITELY deserving of a bag of mini eggs. Great start to the weekend :)
ReplyDeleteThat's some great news to start the weekend off. I'm so pleased that you've got your first choice, it will be a weight off your mind. This parenting lark is such a worry.
ReplyDeleteI'm so pleased you got the school you wanted for Violet. There's always some stage or other with them though, that's the joys of motherhood!! Poor Diane and her poor daughter, they have my sympathy!
ReplyDeleteHowever you've got over the first hurdle and you can relax a while. Have two bags of mini eggs, there's not much in those bags anymore!!
Have a great weekend. :)
Vivienne x
Hello! So nice to be back in blogland and read such happy posts as this! Very pleased for you x
ReplyDeleteI think you deserve a BIG bag of chocolate, Jill! Congratulations and happy, worry-free weekend!
ReplyDeleteYours,
Mia
Brilliant news! That nursery sounded so fab when you posted about it, I'm so glad she's got in. Excellent :-)
ReplyDeletexxxx
Good for you, and great news for Violet. ... but I'm going to ad my voice of doom along with the others. This is the easiest stage ... enjoy every moment!
ReplyDeletexxx
Wahhoo mini eggs and a glass of vino for you :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat news! Congratulations to you and Violet. Enjoy those mini eggs :) x
ReplyDeleteI think you deserve the bag of Mini Eggs, too. We always hold our breath hoping for the miraculous when it comes to our children, so it's wonderful to hear that Violet is going to a school where you feel confident she'll thrive and be happy. Hugs to both of you for a job well done!
ReplyDelete