Pages

Monday, 9 August 2010

I'm soooooooo cross with myself.

Why-O-why did I come over all cleverclogs and try and change the layout of my perfectly lovely blog??????

I was attempting to change it from a 2 column blog into a 3 column one, and I failed miserably. 

I've now lost my original 'classic' template - that I'd tweeked and moulded into something that I loved the look of.

I just pushed my computer skills a tad toooooooo far, and now I'm upset and extremely mad with myself for even attempting it in the first place.

What you see before you now is something that I'm not happy with at all.

I've tried and tried to recover my original one, but alas, it is lost to me forever......

Woe is me,  woe is me.

It's at times like these I wish that I was a total computer geek.  Moss from the IT Crowd springs to mind.

On a happier note; my friend gave birth to a beautiful baby daughter, and she's been named Rosa. 

Welcome to the World Rosa.

Remember to leave me a comment on yesterday's post for a chance to win goodies.

10 comments:

  1. oh it is so annoying when things like this happen. My OH is a computer geek so I have just tried to find a cached version of your blog through google searching, then he might have been able to strip out your old html coding, but I can't find your blog in a google search to view a cached version unfortunately.

    I hope you are able to come up with something you do like... perhaps you might even find something you like more than your old layout.

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think many of us can empathise with your lack of computer skills. Never mind I quite like the new layout and as they say "A change is as good as a rest" Maybe if you come back to it in a week or so you will find a way to get back what you had.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uh oh. I so inderstand the feeling. I am a total computer dummie, and do want to tweak my blog, but i will wait until i have figured it out first, because mine would be a disaster, and yours really does not look bad at all....

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol before even reading your post I thought, oh she's changed the layout of her blog! So sorry to hear you're not pleased with it though, hope you can figure it out, I'm afraid I'm rubbish at that as well so I can't help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, it's happened to me too with computer stuff. Luckily my son often helps me out, want a 16 year old anyone? It will turn out better in the end though it just takes time and tweaking or so I'm told x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep I hear you, been there, done that. If it's any consolation I love the banner!

    Wish I could help but sadly I am retarded when it comes to computer stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jill
    Just popped by to say thanks for the comment on my blog and that strange plant. I don't know amarylis much (apart from they come in boxes at Christmas) but yours is the only guess so far. I will have to consult some plant books me thinks. So sorry about your block mishap, I nearly did the same. They describe this new 'designer' element as so easy and its certainly not, not to get a style that you really like anyway. I stuck with mine in the end although like you I wasn't happy. It looks OK though! I think the 3 column always looks very different cos you dont get much room for the posts themselves. You will get there though. Good Luck Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  8. :-( Bummer! Loving the fact that you think you are Moss from the IT Crowd :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oohh to cheer you up even more than you friend having a baby I have messaged you those patterns :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah...I see...I read on! Oh dear! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.
Jill x